2007/01/20

Yaranaika


So Erick and I submitted something to Tokyopop for their 2007 RSOM contest, and this is one of the main characters, Nova. I really enjoy drawing this character, for obvious reasons. She doesn't dress quite THIS lightly in the story we submitted; which does take place at 3 A.M. when she's woken from her sleep, but I was... bored. Yeah.
(I had to explain to Erick what Yaranaika was a reference to... and then explain why I know about THAT manga.)



Here's page seven from the submission... this is one of my favorite pages, mainly because I had to go back and redraw it to better match the dialogue... I have a bad habit of NOT putting the dialogue balloons in when I'm sketching out the pages, and with this page that created lots of issues with the space, and the expressions not matching. So I completely re-drew it with the dialogue balloons in place and the words there on the page and in my head. I think it helped to create a unified flow, and from now on I'm going to sketch the balloons in while working out the layout. I also think I'm going to start to draw the balloons on the page freehand, because the one thing that still bothers me about this is the static look of the balloons. (not to say that's the ONLY problem, mind you) I should also point out, that Erick went in and paired down the dialogue a bit so that it would fit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home